Hello and welcome!
You’re likely thinking about hiring an editor, aren’t you? Whether you are seeking an evaluation of your novel’s plot, characters, and structure or need a thorough sentence-level editing of your manuscript, you’ve come to the right place.
When you hire Shiuli Editing Services, you get:
- Professional quality editing.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Revisions that maintain your author voice.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding your unpublished ideas and work.
- A one-stop shop for a variety of editorial services.
- A promise to help your manuscript be the best that it can be.
You’ll also get a friendly editor who
- Is professionally trained.
- Has edited numerous fiction and non-fiction manuscripts in a variety of genres.
- Enjoys mentoring new authors and will walk you through the editing process.
- Appreciates the knowledge and experience published authors bring to the process.
- Possesses the efficiency to meet quick turnaround times.
- Is an advocate for the self-publishing authors’ right to write.
At Shiuli Editing Services I work on projects of any length including:
- Articles / Blog Posts
- Short Stories / Anthologies
- Novelettes / Novellas
- Romance – All heat levels
- Erotic Fiction
- Crime, Mystery, Thriller
- Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Narrative Non-Fiction
- Developmental Editing: I will take an in-depth look at the construction of your story and address content, structure, plot, characterization, conflict, emotional tension, dialogue, point-of-view and author voice. I will comment on recurring spelling, grammar, punctuation issues but I will not correct these in a developmental edit.
- Line Editing: I will check for paragraph structure, sentence flow, word choice and language related techniques, passive voice, tense, style, readability and forward movement in addition to checking for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Complete Editing: This option includes total two passes on the manuscript. The first pass is for a Developmental edit. Once the client works on the suggestions and re-submits the manuscript, I will do a pass of Line Editing on the manuscript.
- Proofreading: I will check your manuscript for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax errors, and continuity.
I offer a sample edit of the first 500 words of your manuscript to give you an exact quote and to help you determine whether I am a good creative fit. To request a quote, please email me a sample of your manuscript at firstname.lastname@example.org
I understand the nuances of the English language (whether American English or United Kingdom English) and punctuation preferences and how it can vary between different countries. All work is carried out in a secure and confidential environment. I sign a standard editing contract with the client with an option for a Non-Disclosure Agreement.