Hello and welcome!
You’re likely thinking about hiring an editor, aren’t you? Whether you are seeking an evaluation of your novel’s plot, characters, and structure or need a thorough sentence-level editing of your manuscript, you’ve come to the right place.
When you hire Shiuli Editing Services, you get:
- Professional quality editing.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Revisions that maintain your author voice.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding your unpublished work.
- A one-stop shop for a variety of editorial services.
You’ll also get a friendly editor who
- Is professionally trained.
- Is a member of The Society for Editors and Proofreaders, UK.
- Has edited numerous manuscripts in a variety of genres.
- Enjoys mentoring new authors.
- Possesses the efficiency to meet quick turnaround times.
- Has experience working with individual authors as well as publishers.
At Shiuli Editing Services I work on projects of any length including:
- Articles / Blog Posts
- Short Stories / Anthologies
- Novelettes / Novellas
- Crime, Mystery, Thriller
- Speculative Fiction like Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Historical Fiction
- Narrative Non-Fiction
- Erotic Fiction
- Manuscript Critique: I will review your manuscript and provide constructive comments in a multi-page (10-12) report. I won’t edit or rewrite your manuscript. I’ll check if the opening is strong, whether there are any flat characters, if the style and voice work for the story, if there are any plot holes or unrealistic events, if the climax is satisfying etc. This service is specially helpful when you are looking to get some professional feedback on your early drafts.
- Complete Editing: This option includes total two passes on the manuscript. The first pass is for a developmental edit. Once you work on the suggestions and re-submit the manuscript, I will do a pass of line editing and copyediting on the manuscript.
- Developmental Editing: This is sometimes called a substantive or a structural edit. I will take an in-depth look at the construction of your story and address content, structure, plot, characterization, conflict, emotional tension, dialogue, point-of-view and author voice. I will comment on recurring spelling, grammar, punctuation issues but I will not correct these in a developmental edit.
- Copyediting: This is sometimes called line editing. I will check for paragraph structure, sentence flow, word choice and language related techniques, passive voice, tense, style, readability and forward movement in addition to checking for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Proofreading: I will check your manuscript for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax errors, and continuity. Please note that proofreading is only performed on a manuscript that has already gone though several rounds of editing.
I understand the nuances of US and UK English and will adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style unless otherwise requested. All work is carried out in a secure and confidential environment. I follow SfEP’s code of practice. I sign a standard freelance editing contract with a non-disclosure agreement before beginning work. My editorial fees are based on the suggested minimum rates by SfEP and EFA. Please note that these are only ballpark figures. Email me for an exact quote based on your needs.
I am happy to provide you with a sample edit to help you determine if we are a good creative fit. The price is a flat fee of Rs. 500 for a sample of no more than 1,000 words. To request a quote, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org