Hello and welcome!
You’re likely thinking about hiring an editor, aren’t you? Whether you are seeking an evaluation of your novel’s plot, characters, and structure or need a thorough sentence-level editing of your manuscript, you’ve come to the right place.
When you hire Shiuli Editing Services, you get:
- Professional quality editing.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Revisions that maintain your author voice.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding your unpublished work.
- A one-stop shop for a variety of editorial services.
You’ll also get a friendly editor who
- Is professionally trained.
- Has edited numerous manuscripts in a variety of genres.
- Enjoys mentoring new authors and will walk you through the editing.
- Appreciates the knowledge published authors bring.
- Possesses the efficiency to meet quick turnaround times.
At Shiuli Editing Services I work on projects of any length including:
- Articles / Blog Posts
- Short Stories / Anthologies
- Novelettes / Novellas
- Erotic Fiction
- Crime, Mystery, Thriller
- Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Historical Fiction
- Narrative Non-Fiction
- Manuscript Critique: I will review your manuscript and provide constructive comments in a multi-page report. I won’t edit or rewrite your manuscript. I’ll check if your opening is strong, whether there are any flat characters, if the style and voice work for the story, if there are any plot holes or unrealistic events, if the climax is satisfying etc.
- Complete Editing: This option includes total two passes on the manuscript. The first pass is for a Developmental edit. Once the client works on the suggestions and re-submits the manuscript, I will do a pass of Copyediting on the manuscript.
- Developmental Editing: I will take an in-depth look at the construction of your story and address content, structure, plot, characterization, conflict, emotional tension, dialogue, point-of-view and author voice. I will comment on recurring spelling, grammar, punctuation issues but I will not correct these in a developmental edit.
- Copyediting: I will check for paragraph structure, sentence flow, word choice and language related techniques, passive voice, tense, style, readability and forward movement in addition to checking for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Proofreading: I will check your manuscript for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax errors, and continuity.
I understand the nuances of US and UK English and will adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style unless otherwise requested. All work is carried out in a secure and confidential environment. I sign a standard freelance editing contract with a non-disclosure agreement before beginning work.
I offer a free sample edit of 500 words of your manuscript to give you an exact quote and to help you determine whether I am a good creative fit. To request a quote, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org