I was recently nominated by my blogger friend, Ruchi Singh, for the Leibster Blog award. Thank you my dear for the encouragement. I’m honored!
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. It is passed from person to person to encourage and support each other, and help discover upcoming bloggers.
Guidelines for the award post:
- 1. Post 11 facts about self.
- 2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your awarder.
- 3. Nominate/award 5-11 bloggers you find deserving and probably have less than 1000 followers.
- 4. Tell them that they have been tagged by you.
- 5. Include the image of the award in your page.
Here are 11 (little known) facts about me:
1. I teach Computers to high school kids for a living.
2. I also volunteer at a school in a nearby slum every Saturday and teach those kids Computers. I carry my laptop with me since they don’t have one.
3. I’m an active volunteer for the Aam Aadmi Party.
4. I hate cooking but love to eat!
5. I love collecting journals, notebooks and pens and have a huge stock of new, untouched ones at home.
6. On an average, I only sleep for about 5 hours a day.
7. I only write on my computer during NaNoWriMo. All other times, I write on my notebook and then type it in.
8. I read a book at least 2 times before reviewing it (if at all I do).
9. My paperback TBR pile currently has 37 books. That made me afraid to count my e-book TBR.
10. I share my son’s Transformers addiction.
11. I clean up my FB friend list at least twice a year and delete anyone I have not interacted with during that time.
Ruchi’s 11 questions and my answers:
Q1: What is the ultimate aim of blogging or writing?
A:If I could encourage even a single person to take up a book or a pen, my goal is achieved.
Q2: What is the story behind your blog name?
A: Shiuli is Nyctanthes arbor-tristis or The Night-flowering Jasmine. I have written a blog post about why I chose Shiuli as my blog name here.
Q3: In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Please give us the link.
A: My first blog post is still very dear to me. Here it is.
Q4: What’s your favourite genre to read, science fiction, fantasy, romance, comedy, crime…?
A: Paranormal, Mystery/Crime/Thriller, Romance, Fantasy. In that order.
Q5: Who is your favourite author?
A: Stephen King.
Q6: What is one thing that you would like to undo from your past?
A: I wish I had chosen the Humanities stream after my Xth boards instead of PCM.
Q7: Which is your dream place, where you would like to settle?
Q8: Describe an interesting person you have met while on vacation.
A: I don’t really remember any such interesting person. Is that bad?
Q9: What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
A: Be kind. At all times.
Q10: What are the two things you love to do?
A: Read, Write. In that order.
Q11: What do you think is the key to happiness?
A: Knowing that you did your best.
My set of 11 questions:
1. What were you like at school?
2. Were you good in English?
3. Which writers inspire you?
4. What genre are your books/stories/unpublished manuscripts?
5. What draws you to this genre?
6. When did you decide to become a writer?
7. Where do your ideas come from?
8. What is the easiest thing about writing?
9. What is the most difficult thing about writing?
10. Do you ever get Writer’s Block? How do you overcome it?
11. What book(s) are you reading at the moment?